30 Jun Quick & Easy Greek Pasta Salad
It’s a favorite in our house right now. And if I’m being honest, it’s just as much for Robert and me as it is for Ellie. (I’m even rocking the soundtrack in my car on a daily basis!) Robert has taken to calling basically every meal we eat a “boat snack,” while I love the themes of female empowerment. And I cry pretty much every time Moana restores Te Fiti’s heart… That slow motion/wind/lava ash combo is just too much for me!
I’m also totally that mom that pushes my favorite things on my kid… I love giraffes, so Ellie has a giraffe pacifier. My favorite color is purple, so I basically buy every purple article of clothing they make in her size. And the opposite is true too – I have to talk myself out of keeping certain foods from her just because I don’t like the flavor. Does anyone else do this too?
No? Just me?
Well, Moana was one of those things I REALLY wanted Ellie to love. Because, let’s be real: Disney is NOT going to create another movie that reflects her culture. This was our one shot at a mainstream princess for her to identify with… so thank goodness it ended up not only being the cutest movie ever, but also Ellie’s favorite! The music totally fascinates her and captures 100% of her attention, so it’s been my saving grace to put it on and get things done around the house.
This pasta salad, though, comes together so quickly that we didn’t even need the magic of Moana. Ready in under a half hour, this dish is perfect to pass at all your summer BBQs! It pairs well with hot dogs, grilled chicken, or even by itself as a stand-alone dish. Serve it to your friends and become the star of the party.
- 1 lb tricolor pasta (I prefer rotini or bowtie)
- ¾ red or orange bell pepper, diced
- 2 slices red onion, diced
- 7 oz banana peppers, diced
- 4.5 oz sliced black olives
- 6 oz crumbled feta or goat cheese
- about 8 oz Newman's Own "Olive Oil & Vinegar" salad dressing (or sub your favorite Greek dressing)
- Cook pasta al dente according to package directions (typically boil about 9 minutes.) Drain and rinse with cool water.
- While the pasta cooks, dice your veggies.
- Combine all ingredients (except dressing) in a large bowl, and mix until combined.
- Drizzle dressing over pasta salad, to taste.